Personal Information Consent and Disclaimer
Personal Information means information relating to an identifiable, natural or juristic person, including information relating to race, gender, sex, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, religion, belief, disability, language, birth, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, biometric information and financial, criminal or employment history as well as correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
“Process” means any operation or activity, whether automated or not, concerning Personal Information, including collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating, modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation, use, dissemination (whether by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any form), merging, linking, blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction; and
“Purposes” means Our providing You with the Services or any other services, analysis or information and or carrying out statistical analysis and new product and services development, research, marketing, remarketing, social media communication and distribution of information and material including via email and or SMS.
“Services” means the facility provided by the electronic web page and or platform and the information, marketing material, promotions and leaflets that will be available on it and distributed via the electronic platform.
You acknowledge that by subscribing:
- Applicable Law may require Us to collect Personal Information;
- We are unable to provide the Services without collecting Personal Information;
- All Personal Information You provide Us with is voluntarily provided;
- We will have the right to determine the means for Processing any Personal Information You provide Us with and should this not be acceptable to you that you will proceed to immediately exercise your unsubscribe right in full and to completion; and
- We will have the right to determine the objectives of Processing all Personal Information You provide Us with, which will include the Purposes;
You consent to initially and from time to time:
- Our exchanging Your Personal Information between the Massmart Group of Companies and disclosing Your Personal Information to third parties where this is necessary for the Services mentioned herein or functions and actions of the Massmart Group.
- You consent that we and the third parties referred to herein may possibly move your personal information cross border.
- That due to the electronic medium used your personal information may be available on the electronic medium or platform to be viewed in the public domain and that the obligation to protect your Personal Information shall at all times remain with you and your personalised settings on the electronic medium. We shall accept no liability for information not directly under our sole control.
- Personal Information exchange and or transfer automatically or otherwise between countries; and
- We and the third parties mentioned may process (including any further or reprocessing) Your Personal Information in any country in which it is held, where this is necessary for the Services.
You promise and warrant to Us that in respect of all Personal Information of third parties that You provide to Us or transmit to Us in the context of the Services, the Agreement and all information supplied;
You will have the consent of the person or entity to which the Personal Information relates, to provide the information to Us or the Group of Companies that we form part of. That we and the Group of Companies that we form part of may exchange that Personal Information between themselves and disclosing that Personal Information to third parties, or transmit the information cross border where this is necessary for the Services and further that the Personal Information may be processed in that Country in terms of this agreement and its provisions.
You are required to take note that due to the nature of the electronic plat form that any comments made by you or by another with access to your ability to make comments that such conduct might result in damage or loss to a party or ourselves or the Group of Companies that we form part of.
Should any conduct by you result in any damage or loss to any parties then you hereby indemnify us in total, both from a contractual, delictual or any other reason or claim that may be actionable in Law including legal costs on an attorney and client scale (the highest and most expensive rate).
We shall be entitled to act in terms of our Social Media Policy to deal with any act that can be construed as being negative or prejudicial in any form in terms of our interpretation thereof.
Opt out or Unsubscribe:
You will have the right to opt-out or unsubscribed from the Service at any time by following the relevant link on the electronic platform and or social media platforms and or print media platforms. The storage of any Personal Information in this regard shall then be regulated by our Relevant Policies and applicable law and or legislation.